We understand doing your Award throughout COVID-19 is a difficult challenge, we have adopted several policies to keep everyone safe at this time.
For information and queries about our COVID-19 response please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Journey Exemption
In some circumstances we are able to waive the requirement for you to do a Practice Journey, If you wish to have this applied to your Award please email email@example.com There are some requirements that have to be met for this to be available to you:
- You CANNOT be a direct entrant
- You MUST have completed all previous Award Levels prior to the one you are applying for an exemption for
- You MUST have completed your Preparation and Training
- We will waive the Practice Journey ONLY if we are satisfied you can safely complete a Qualifying Journey and that you have retained and can apply sufficient knowledge from your training
- Applications for an exemption are at Auckland Challenge’s sole discretion, where we do not believe it appropriate we will not apply it to your Award
- We strongly encourage you to do a Practice Journey if you can.
Auckland Challenge at Orange
Open Award Centers
RSVPs are compulsory for Open Award Centers, you can RSVP for your chosen center via the Open Award Centers page.
Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework Open Award Centers are classed as GATHERINGS, This means:
- You MUST wear a mask at Open Award Centers
- If you can’t attend an Open Award Center feel free to come along to a Virtual Open Award Center instead of coming to an in-person Open Award Center
- You can email us for support with your Award
Please check the Open Award Centers page to ensure your chosen Open Award Center has not been cancelled before attending
Under the COVID-19 Protection Framework Adventurous Journeys are classed as RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY / GATHERINGS, This means:
- You must provide Auckland Challenge with proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to your journey start date.
- If you need an assessor for a privately organised journey we can help organise this for you. Please see www.aucklandchallenge.org.nz/service/journey-planning or contact us for details
- If you need help organising your own journey please contact us or see our resources on ACORN
- If you are doing your Bronze Award, or you are a Direct Silver or Gold you can get started with your Bronze Training online at acorn.aucklandchallenge.org.nz
The Award regularly reviews the current environment and allows adaptations to The Award for participants who may be struggling. Please note, these adaptations should only be used if your planned activities cannot go ahead AND you are unable to find an alternative. Please contact us to have an adaption applied to your Award. For the list of adaptations and full information around The Award’s COVID response please see The Award’s website https://dofehillary.org.nz/covid-19
All Auckland Challenge staff and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated
View Auckland Challenge’s COVID-19 Response Policy HERE